Camaro Gasser - Barry Sheavills - Downloads - Car Town Forums, Car Town Skins and Templates
Welcome to the Car Town Forums, Car Town Skins and Templates.

Welcome to The Unofficial Car Town Forums

The #1 site for free Car Town Templates, Skins and Information

•  » Are you looking for:
  •  » Over 1000 Free Car Town Templates?
  •  » Friendly Forum with Knowledgable Members?
  •  » Monthly Contests

...then you have come to the right place!

What are you waiting for? Join the #1 Car Town Fan Site

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Downloads: Camaro Gasser - Barry Sheavills

Camaro Gasser - Barry Sheavills

Rate this File
Uploaded by Al Reid - 12-23-2011
Author Author Al Reid
File Size File Size 139.6 KB
Downloads Downloads 17

+ Register to Download

Barry Sheavills started drag racing in the '70's with a Jaguar powered Austin Ruby named "Stagecoach" in the Altered class. He started at the bottom and eventually became a Top Fuel champion in 1998. In between he raced the first ever purpose built Super Gasser for the UK based on a 1981 Camaro with all glassfibre panels and a big block Chevy motor. This car debuted at the end of the 1984 season and was run by Barry through 1985. It didn't have a great deal of success, only managing a best time of 10 seconds and was sold to a Scandinavian team for the 1986 season.
Barry, with his brother Dave, ran the Anglo American Autoparts business (AAA ...hence the moniker "The A Team) on Ilkeston Road, Nottingham. They were my local repair and parts outlet for my Aero Camaro which I bought just after they had sold the A Team gasser.
Anglo American Autoparts aren't there anymore (I heard that they went into TV and Film vehicle hire but anyway, I lost touch). Barry still races Top Fuel.

Here is my take on this short lived landmark Gasser

Images

• Camaro Gasser - Barry Sheavills
  • Camaro Gasser - Barry Sheavills

Comments

Rowdy73
12-23-2011 at 10:23 PM
nice work Al, thanx for sharing
Durukan2126
02-15-2012 at 09:20 AM
Good work