News!
Welcome to the Car Town Forums, Car Town Skins and Templates.

Welcome to The Unofficial Car Town Forums

The #1 site for free Car Town Templates, Skins and Information

•  » Are you looking for:
  •  » Over 1000 Free Car Town Templates?
  •  » Friendly Forum with Knowledgable Members?
  •  » Monthly Contests

...then you have come to the right place!

What are you waiting for? Join the #1 Car Town Fan Site

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: News!

Master Member xiko is on a distinguished road
    CT Level
    Blog Entries
        My Twitter Page

News!

I was think about a way to keep our users in a discution, a way to keep them in this forum, so i decided to creat a Simple car news, like top gear, but only with images, so i will start, and if i forget about a car, or something interesting about it, u guys can help me/us:

A new 2012 Hilux: Through the introduction of variable nozzle turbocharging, 2012 Toyota Hilux 2WD 2.5 D-4D models benefit from a 24 hp increase in power. The engine now develops 144 hp at 3600 rpm and 343 Nm of torque at 2000 rpm.

The new2012 Yaris:Since the European launch of the first Toyota Yaris in 1999, each successive generation of the car has been developed in accordance with the key concept: "compact outside while roomy inside". The Yaris quickly became nicknamed "Piccolo Genio" (little genius) - a testament to the packaging ingenuity of the first two generations of the car.

The new 2012 Cherokee SRT8: Designed and built using the proven SRT formula that raises the performance to astonishing levels, the new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 runs from 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the mid-16 second range, can cover the quarter mile in the mid-13 second range, has a top speed of 155 mph, and brakes from 60-0 mph in 116 feet.Powering the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is Chrysler Group's all-new 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 with Fuel Saver Technology that delivers an estimated 465 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque - an improvement of 45 horsepower and 45 lb.-ft. torque over the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 it replaces.

New Ram Long-Hauler Concept:With a 197.4 - inch wheelbase and 37,500 Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR), the concept Long-Hauler from Ram is just the truck for those wanting to step up from a traditional Class 3 (one-ton) or Class 4 truck. Overall length of the Ram Long-Hauler is 24 feet, height is 79.1 inches and estimated curb weight is 9,300 lbs.
    The powertrain for the concept truck includes an inline six-cylinder 6.7-liter High Output Cummins Turbo Diesel engine rated at 800 lb.-ft. of torque. The Ram's legendary diesel engine is mated to a six-speed, Aisin AS68RC automatic transmission with four-wheel-drive transfer case coupled to a 4.88 Dana 110 axle with dual rear wheels.

The "Old" Bmw 328: The BMW 328 is considered the most successful and best-looking sports car of the 1930s. The BMW 328's success was the result of its design parameters - through the use of systematic lightweight construction, aerodynamic lines, opti-mum engine types and outstanding suspension technology, it laid the foundation stone for a new vehicle concept, by which performance only leads to success if combined with perfect harmonisation of all parameters and maximum efficiency. With these characteristics, the BMW 328 was even then the embodiment of what the BMW brand still stands for today - dynamics, aesthetics and a high level of innovation.

Over for today............
    It was hard to Read??? I dont mind, if u want see only the pics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by fffogg View Post
    To be honest I find this Forum more exciting in seeing what people come up with as far as Skins, garages, etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cartown Forums
    Advertisements

Senior Member fffogg will become famous soon enough
    CT Level
    Blog Entries
        My Twitter Page
    Thanks for the news update...my wife and I were actually truck hunting. We were looking over an X5, but the Cherokee SRT-8 looks really mean. We might have to look into that

‎"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." -MJ

DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE Wolfie has a spectacular aura about Wolfie has a spectacular aura about
    CT Level
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the news update...my wife and I were actually truck hunting. We were looking over an X5, but the Cherokee SRT-8 looks really mean. We might have to look into that
    Check out Top Gear's review of the X5, it may surprise you.

I found the Yaris write up very interesting: Talk about a lot of PR dribble about an unexciting & ugly car!

The BMW "prototype" will never see production (safety issues): "through the use of systematic lightweight construction, aerodynamic lines, opti-mum engine types and outstanding suspension technology, it laid the foundation stone for a new vehicle concept, by which performance only leads to success if combined with perfect harmonisation of all parameters and maximum efficiency." NOW that's funny!

And you can stuff a Viper V10 into the GR. Cherokee, it's still a warthog with nothing to back it up underneath. The AWD components won't handle the abuse of all that HP without breakage....they can make all the claims they want, I've worked on these things and they are pretty much "Urbanized" in this department.

Member Altherez is on a distinguished road
    CT Level

New rendering of the BMW 3 series.

UGLYYYY
    New Renderings: 2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan

CT Level
    Blog Entries
        My Twitter Page
    Fine with me, as long u dont consider a Nissan Juke, as long as those "things" are of the asphault, im happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To be honest I find this Forum more exciting in seeing what people come up with as far as Skins, garages, etc...

CT Level
    Blog Entries
        My Twitter Page
    The new ScioniQ :
    -Scion announced that its 2012 iQ premium micro-subcompact will begin arriving in dealerships October 2011. The Scion iQ is only 10 feet long yet seats four people, making it the world's smallest four-seater.

The new Ferrari 458 Italia Grand Am:
    -he Ferrari 458 Grand Am is built to match the American regulations and is therefore different to the European car, especially in that it develops 500 horsepower and has less efficient aerodynamics than the GT version. It is also fitted with a 48 mm restrictor and maximum revs are 8000. Significant modifications have been made to the braking system, as the car has neither ABS nor traction control. Other differences to the GT3 include the roll-over bar which gives greater lateral protection to increase safety in a series in which collisions are rather more frequent. The car is fitted with tyres from Continental, the sole supplier to the series, featuring a very hard compound, again to conform with the series regulations. On its shakedown today, it completed a good number of trouble-free laps, 45 to be precise in the hands of Maurizio Mediani and Jaime Melo, as they took turns at the wheel.

New Nissan Leaf Nismo RC Concept:
    -The name on the back panel, just under the massive adjustable rear wing, says Nissan Leaf. The powertrain is an 100% zero emission advanced Lithium-ion battery design, just like that found on the world's first affordable mass market electric vehicle. And despite its lack of rear doors, rear seat, trunk, audio system, navigation, carpeting and other amenities, there is a discernable family resemblance. But that is where the similarities between the production Nissan Leaf and the Nissan Leaf Nismo RC end. As indicted by the "RC" - for Racing Competition - this new electric vehicle, which makes its world debut at the 2011 New York International Auto Show on April 20th, is purpose-built to bring new meaning to the term "Racing Green."

Senior Member Al Jones will become famous soon enough
    CT Level
        My Twitter Page
    Good idea this! I actually like the Yaris and have owned two. Liking the new one but for looks, the Hybrid Concept is the one. Out next year apparently.

Senior Member vwdave is on a distinguished road
    CT Level

That truck would a monster to park. Imagine pulling say a 36 foot 5th wheel camper.

Can't re Member moparnutjim is on a distinguished road
    CT Level

My answer to the hybrid

I decided to set some balance to the hybrid world.
    Attached Images

DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE Wolfie has a spectacular aura about Wolfie has a spectacular aura about
    CT Level
    Blog Entries

In my opinion, this is what ALL automobile manufacturers should be looking at:

Attachment 5771 Honda FCX Clarity Overview - Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle - Site

Why this isn't the #1 priority in the automotive industry, is beyond me!

CT Level
    Blog Entries
        My Twitter Page
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    In my opinion, this is what ALL automobile manufacturers should be looking at:

Attachment 5771 Honda FCX Clarity Overview - Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle - Site

Why this isn't the #1 priority in the automotive industry, is beyond me!
    That might be just great, but i think i wouldnt survive Not listening to my engine... and that thing is ugly as hell!

CT Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiko View Post
    That might be just great, but i think i wouldnt survive Not listening to my engine... and that thing is ugly as hell!
    I think I could fore-go looks considering the current price of fuel and how much it's goin' to go up! And just do what I do when I'm driving my Camry, make race car sounds while driving it....sometimes I almost think I'm driving a Lambo!

Junior Member icecreamshoes is on a distinguished road

i really like the italia, idk i guess it just catches my eye. lol. the leaf doesn't look half bad either! but the juke...idk if i wanna call it funny looking or ugly. i've seen one on the streets and it's not that pretty i'll tell you that much. i think they're done some improvements with how the yaris looks too!

Senior Member xXShelbyGT500Xx is on a distinguished road
    CT Level

They really should add the 2012 Hilux to Car Town. That looks great too bad they don't make them in America.

CT Level
    Blog Entries
        My Twitter Page
    2011 Spada Cadronca Monza:Spada Codatronca Monza has a tubular chassis made of aluminium that was coated with a light carbon fiber and composite materials body. The engine was developed by Italtecnica starting from a V8 7 liter engine hardly modified. Now we can find 2 rotrex centrifugal superchargers that deliver the incredible power of 720 CV with over 90 kgm of torque. The car is able to reach the 100 km/h speed in only 3 seconds (in first gear) thanks to the 6 speed transmission with a very short gear ratio, and to reach the impressive top speed of 335 km/h.

2012 Aston Martin Cygnet:Cygnet is a product of Aston Martin's unrivalled experience in craft, technology and design. The future city will present a very different luxury brand landscape, as social change and legislation increases the division between urban and anti-urban product categories. With the Cygnet, Aston Martin will be at the forefront of these changes, ensuring the company's enduring brand image will continue to prosper in new market conditions.
    Dr Ulrich Bez continues: "The Cygnet is designed to support our sports cars by providing a greater degree of freedom in the urban context; it is a very special car, a premium but compact package with heart, soul and personality." The Cygnet, a tailor fit solution for the city, will help drive Aston Martin into the future. "This car is reality; Cygnet is the natural choice for those who want a premium, bespoke commuter car." The Cygnet will be the eighth major production car Aston Martin has introduced at its state-of-the art factory since 2004, offering further evidence of the company's ongoing commitment to British manufacturing, backed-up by a dedicated local workforce and supplier network.